Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These are FAQs relating to Eclipse Dance monthly membership. For FAQs relating to your dance classes etc please visit our main FAQ page.
Can I Pay Weekly or Termly Instead?
Payments for all classes must be paid via our website payment system which only supports Monthly Payments via Direct Debit. Payments are spread across the year with 12 monthly automatic payments.
This method has proven to be very popular with parents for a number of reasons:
- Monthly payments help parents budget and spread the cost of classes across the year. As most people are paid monthly this should be a better arrangement. It’s an end to big termly payments that we used to have.
- Monthly automatic payments are hassle free for you. They will minimise the need for invoices, chequebooks and you don’t have to log into your bank account to process payments.
- Once membership & payment is set up once, it’s then all automatic. This is so much easier and efficient for parents and for us. Previously Miss Jane had to spend a lot of her time creating invoices and keeping on top of all the payments. But now it means Miss Jane can spend much more of her time improving dance classes for your child.
When Do I Pay For My Child’s Membership?
When you sign up for your child’s monthly membership, at the same time you will pay for the first month via Direct Debit. It takes about 4-5 working days for that first payment to come out of your bank account. You then pay for each subsequent month AUTOMATICALLY via direct debit. You don’t have to lift a finger. Payments continue on the monthly anniversary of when you originally signed up (it’s not linked to calendar months) . You can stop your child’s membership whenever you wish.
Let’s see some examples…
- EXAMPLE 1: If you signed up for your child’s membership on the 5th September, then your membership starts on the 5th Sept (it’s never done by calendar month). Your first payment will come out of your bank account via secure Direct Debit 4-5 working days after the 5th September. For subsequent months, your membership payment will come out of your bank account automatically via Direct Debit on the 5th of the month. So in this example, from the start, you would pay each month on the 5th. i.e. 5th September, 5th October, 5th November and so on.
- EXAMPLE 2: If you signed up for your child’s membership on the 14th January, then your membership starts on the 14th Jan. Your first payment will come out of your bank account via secure Direct Debit 4-5 working days after the 14th January. For subsequent months, your membership payment will come out of your bank account automatically via Direct Debit on the 14th of the month. So in this example, from the start, you would pay each month on the 14th. i.e. 14th January, 14th February, 14th March and so on.
Can I Pay Using a Credit/Debit Card?
We only offer payments via monthly Direct Debit (GoCardless). We can’t accept cards, cash or cheque to pay for classes.
How Much Am I Paying Per Month?
How Long Do Payments Take To Leave My Account?
Payments are made via Direct Debit which means it takes longer for the payment to leave your account compared to how long a payment by debit or credit card might take (we don’t offer those alternatives).
We’ve set out above how long payments take to be collected from your bank account.
What’s The Name Of The Service That Collects My Payment?
Payments are processed and collected by GoCardless, a UK company.
How Do I Cancel My Child’s Membership?
In the situation that your child will no longer be coming to Eclipse Dance, please contact us via our contact form to let us know, we will then cancel your membership.
How will payments appear on my bank statement?
A reference will appear on your bank statements in the following format:
- The “XXXXXXX” represents a unique reference, usually between five to seven characters, that relates specifically to your Direct Debit mandate with a specific merchant.
- This reference helps Gocardless locate the associated customer account in their system if additional information about a payment or corresponding customer account is requested.
Please note: For customers who bank with NatWest, HSBC, and some other high street banks, it will only say “GoCardless Ltd” on your bank statement. These banks choose to ignore the full references that GoCardless provide them and simply put ‘Gocardless’ as Gocardless are processing the payment through their Direct Debit Service User Number (SUN).
How does GoCardless keep my details safe?
Security is of utmost importance at GoCardless. They take a number of steps to ensure customer data remains safe at all times:
- Their access to the Direct Debit system is provided by some of Europe’s major banks, who have approved the Gocardless systems
- All customer data is treated in accordance with European data protection laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998
- All client-server communication is 256-bit SSL encrypted. The banking system requires just 128-bit
- GoCardless regularly perform internal and external security audits on all their systems and processes
- GoCardless will never share any data they collect from you with third parties, except for the specific purpose of processing your payments
- GoCardless are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services as an Authorised Payment Institution. GoCardless serve more businesses than any other Direct Debit provider.
All money collected is held in a secure client monies account with either the Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays Bank or SEB before being paid out to Eclipse Dance.